Westwood athletics play an integral role in developing qualities in students that will benefit them throughout their lives. Athletics strengthen the development of character, discipline, and leadership skills.
Varsity, B-team, Junior Varsity, and Junior Pro are offered in various sports. Depending on the grade level of the student, they may have the opportunity to participate in the following sports: football, softball, cross country, cheerleading, shotgun, basketball, track, tennis, and baseball.
Westwood Booster Club
The Westwood Booster Club is an organization of parents and friends of Westwood athletics committed to helping Westwood maintain a winning edge in its athletic programs. All competitive teams – football, cross country, softball, basketball, track, cheer, baseball, tennis and shotgun teams benefit from Booster Club dollars. Booster club is open to all who wish to support our athletic program and believe in our mission statement, and we hope you will join our efforts to help us accomplish our goals. Your fresh ideas, enthusiasm and servant’s heart are valuable to our efforts and the possibilities it provides to our athletes. Thanks for considering The Westwood Booster Club!
The Booster Club’s goal is to fulfill its Mission Statement by supporting the Westwood athletic programs by funding areas of need that are not able to be fully covered by the school. We’ve chosen to focus primarily on issues of safety, enhanced competitiveness, team unity and capital improvements. We believe that it is critical that safety equipment be purchased as needed and not relegated to a “wish list”.
- Hitting dummies & cables for batting cage
- Varsity softball athlete meals for state playoffs
- JV cross country athlete meals for state meet
- Varsity state track athlete meals
- State football playoffs meals for players & cheerleaders
- Banner for player & cheerleaders in Gym for basketball
- Basketball Concessions
- Basketball & Cheerleader goody bags
- Security for away basketball games
- Basketball team meals region & state playoff games.
- Concessions for region varsity track meet
- Goody bags for all sports
- Golf region tournament athlete meals
- State individuals tennis tournament athlete meals
- State golf tournament athlete meals
- State team tennis tournament athlete meals
- Refurbish of locker rooms through joint venture with PTO
- New scoreboard for softball field
Booster Club Mission
To promote athletic excellence, good sportsmanship and character while building relationships among athletes, coaches and parents in a Christian environment.
All athletes must have a physical form and GISA concussion form on file before practices begin. The forms may be printed using the links on this page or picked up in the high school office, where all forms must also be turned in. A physician must fill out the physical form, and all forms expire after 1 calendar year.
Westwood is GISA Region 3 AA school.
Jr. Pro Girls Basketball
Jr. Pro Boys Basketball
JV Girls Basketball
JV Boys Basketball
JV Cross Country
Varsity Girls Tennis
Varsity Boys Tennis
Varsity Girls Track
Varsity Boys Track
Varsity Girls Basketball
Varsity Boys Basketball
Varsity Cross Country
Westwood teams have won many state championships since our founding and the list just keeps on growing…
1978, 1981, 1982, 1984, 2000, 2001, 2010, 2011
1978, 1986, 1987
2013, 2014, 2018
1988, 1989, 2017, 2018
1999, 2011, 2012
1978, 1986, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1996, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012