Pre-K Teacher Aide
Westwood Schools is looking for an enthusiastic pre-K aide to assist the lead teacher in a variety of activities within the classroom. This person should exhibit patience and compassion while working to inspire and support young children with unique characteristics and personalities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the teacher with class instruction, reinforcing lessons, providing one-on-one instruction to students and supervising students in the classroom.
• Assist with meals, toileting, hand washing and occasional changing as needed.
• Attend to individual children’s needs while also monitoring other children
• Assist in keeping all areas neat, clean and safe.
• Supervise children during play time, lunch, pick-up and drop-off, assemblies, field trips, etc.
• Treat each child with dignity and respect and comfort distress, as needed.
• Monitor student behavior and help maintain discipline in the classroom;
• Conduct lessons/activities with small groups of children.
• Guide children in working and playing successfully with others.
• Demonstrate ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Applicant must be willing to work in our daycare after school daily.
• Interacts professionally with other teachers, administrators and parents as needed.
• Must have an understanding of the confidential nature of working in an educational setting.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor(s)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must have attained a high school diploma or equivalence. Previous teaching/supervision experience a plus.
All interested individuals please contact Paige Johnson at 229-336-7992 or [email protected]
We encourage persons interested in working at Westwood to complete a job application and email it to [email protected] or bring/mail it to the high school office. All applications are kept on file for a period of at least six months. Click on the link below to access the employment application.