The NHS blood drive will be on Friday, May 11 from 7:30 am until 3 pm in the auditorium. Remind those who are giving for you starting in March so they won’t give in another drive (they have to wait 6 weeks before giving again.) We will have T-shirts again and are looking for sponsors. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to have your company name on these shirts.
Community service is what we do at Westwood and there are many projects going on right now that need your support. Please join in.
Please send in your White Christmas assigned item by next Wednesday, December 14th.
Every year the school has several families in need that we work to help fill their pantry. This is a service project of our high school student government led by Jennifer Good. Please be generous and help these families. For those who wish to help who are grandparents and others, talk to Jennifer Good at 229-336-7992.
- K3 – Canned Green Beans (Madorah Palmer) and 3 cans of corn (Denise Butler)
- K4 – 2 cans Baked Beans (Fran Shiver) and any flavor of Rice (Rhonda Bush)
- K5 – 2 boxes Macaroni and Cheese (Gail Moss) and 2 cans Spaghetti O’s (Holly Layton)
- 1st grade -2 Brownie, Muffin or Cookie Mixes
- 2nd Grade – 3 cans Chicken Noodle or Vegetable Soups
- 3rd Grade – Tea Bags (Donna Worsham) and Coffee (Farrah Williams)
- 4th Grade – 5 lb bag Sugar and Flour (Mary Lynn Hays) and 1 each of Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup (Yvonne Coalson)
- 5th Grade – 1 each of Cake Mixes and Tub Frosting (Andrea Stargel) and 1 each of Pancake Mix/ Syrup (Jill Pollock)
- 6th Grade – Peanut Butter & Jelly (Girls) and Saltine or Ritz Crackers and Grits (Boys)
- 7th Grade – Paper Towels (Girls) and Toilet Paper (Boys)
- 8th Grade – Ketchup and mustard (Girls) and Mayonnaise and 2 packages chili seasoning (Boys)
- 9th Grade – Cereal (girls) and Canned Tomato Sauce/ Tomato Paste (Boys)
- 10th Grade – Spaghetti Sauce in a plastic bottle and Canned Tomatoes (Girls) and Spaghetti Noodles and 1 Box Hamburger Helper (Boys)
- 11th Grade – Cooking Oil (Girls) and Laundry Detergent (Boys)
- 12th Grade – Salt/Pepper and Pam (Girls) and Kidney Beans/ Cornmeal (Boys)
It is basketball season. Remember to come. Wear your orange and white and support our cats. Fans in the stands always make a difference. When our cheerleaders cheer, we need to hear your voices. Let’s continue to show that Wildcat spirit at everything we do. It is part of who we are.
Mrs. Vicki’s computer fundamentals class is designing Christmas cards in photoshop this year. Look for a selection to be mailed out from our board.